18. November 2016
Safely navigating the Net
The following tips may not guarantee the protection of your data and PC, but they will help to increase security.
- Be wary of unknown mailers, especially those requesting login details for your online bank account or other user data.
- Do not send user data, passwords, etc. by email.
- Do not open junk mail or attachments from strange sources.
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails or open attachments if you are unsure as to whether the sender actually exists. Use an anti-virus program. Set the program to automatically update.
- Install a firewall.
- Make sure you are always running the latest version of the operating system on your device.
- Use secure passwords (a combination of digits, letters and special characters) and not the same password for everything. Never write down your passwords.
- Make regular backups of your data.
- External hard drives or external servers are particularly well suited as a backup. You can also use PEAX as an additional backup. All documents stored in PEAX are safe and secure, no matter which device you are using.
- Do not save sensitive data (passwords, credit card numbers, etc.) on your hard drive.
- Use encrypted data transmission.
- Encrypt your emails.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is secure. Use a secure password to prevent access to your Wi-Fi.